Tan-Tar-A Fact Sheet
Tan-Tar-A Resort's fact sheet is available in pdf format. Please click here to download it.
Tan-Tar-A Resort is nestled in the foothills of the Ozarks along the banks of the beautiful Lake of the Ozarks. Located only 2 ½ hours from St. Louis and 3 hours from Kansas City, this wilderness resort, spanning 420 wooded acres, is conveniently located in the center of Missouri, easily accessible from all four corners of the state and from most mid-western cities.
DIRECTIONS TO TAN-TAR-A RESORT
Lambert-St. Louis International Airport (airport code STL, 170 miles) and Kansas City International Airport (airport code KCI, 190 miles) both offer endless options for travel from world-wide destinations. The closest airport offering commercial flights is Columbia Regional Airport (airport code COU, 75 miles) which offers daily flights to and from Dallas/Fort Worth and Chicago O’Hare. Springfield-Branson National Airport (airport code SGF, 90 miles) offers additional flight choices.
Check in time is 4pm. Check out is 11am.
The resort features over 700 guest rooms, including 1- and 2-bedroom suites. Unique in its design and layout, Tan-Tar-A offers a choice of two distinctly different guest accommodations, the Resort Complex and the Estates Complex.
• The Resort Complex consists of 500 guest rooms located in Buildings A, B, C, D, E, the Windrose Building as well as rooms and cottages along the waterfront offering spectacular views of the lake. Guest rooms feature one king bed or two double beds. Some rooms also feature a pull-out sofa bed. Guest rooms located in the resort complex are within walking distance to restaurants, meeting rooms, and most recreational activities.
• The Estates Complex offers comfortable, relaxed accommodations in a neighborhood like setting.Nestled in the rolling hills along the beautiful Lake of the Ozarks, these buildings contain one to four individual hotel rooms, each with its own private entry and feature one king bed or two double beds. Suites are also available in some buildings and include a spacious living room, dining area, kitchen and a bedroom. All estate units feature a deck, porch, or patio with unique views and some units overlook the lake or Hidden Lakes Golf Course. A complimentary resort shuttle service is available to take you to and from the Resort Complex.
GUEST ROOM AMENITIES
All guest rooms are equipped with a coffee maker, hair dryer, full-size ironing board and iron, refrigerator, cable television, alarm clock/radio, and individual climate control. Wireless high speed internet access is available in the guest rooms and all public areas and is included in the daily resort fee. All guest rooms at the resort are non-smoking. Accessible or hearing impaired rooms are available upon request. Cottages located in the resort complex contain a kitchen equipped with a stove, microwave, and refrigerator.Suites in the estates complex feature a full-sized kitchen equipped with a stove, refrigerator, dishwasher, microwave, toaster, and cooking utensils to accommodate dinner service for eight guests.
Cribs are complimentary. Rollaway beds are available upon request ($10 per night fee).
Guest rooms are subject to Missouri state sales tax of 5.475%, and a county lodging tax of 3%.
$10.00 per room, per day
• Complimentary parking, covered and uncovered
• Guest services concierge to assist with resort activities and local attractions
• Complimentary lake area airport transportation
• Valet laundry service (fee), and self-service guest laundry
• Safe-deposit boxes available at the front desk
• Complimentary local and toll-free phone calls
• Guest tram and shuttle service available throughout the resort
• 24-hour resort security
• Business center
• Gift shops and boutique stores
We do allow licensed/certified service animals. Pets are not allowed. Lake Hills Veterinary Clinic located on State Road KK (573-302-8100) and Lake Animal Hospital in Linn Creek (573-346-5733) are near by if you need to board your pet.
DINING AND LOUNGES
Tan-Tar-A Resort offers food and beverage options to suit every palate, from hearty Ozark favorites and fine seafood to fast-food, all conveniently located in the resort complex. Dress is casual for all restaurants.For restaurant and lounge hours of operation, refer to the “what-to-do”, and when- to-do-it” resort publication provided at check in.
• Black Bear Lodge Restaurant and Bar – Enjoy casual dining in a rustic lodge atmosphere, with a view of the lake. Open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Our Sunday brunch is the best at the Lake!
• Windrose Restaurant and Bar – The finest dining experience at the lake, featuring savory seafood and local specialties. Open for dinner. Reservations are suggested, but not required.
• Burger King - “Have it your way, right away.” Located in the food court. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
• S'barro Pizza – Enjoy piping hot pizza by the slice or a whole pie. Located in the food court, S’barro is open for lunch and dinner. Eat-in, take-out, or order through room service.
• The Oaks – Enjoy snacks and beverages overlooking the Oaks 18-hole golf course.
• Java Lakes – Grab a cup of coffee and a pastry.Choose a latte, cappuccino, espresso, or a flavored coffee along with a selection of exquisite baked goods.
• The Jetty – Casual snacks, sandwiches and drinks located next to the Arrowhead Pool Complex.
• Snack Shack – Serving snacks and beverages in Timber Falls Indoor Waterpark.
• Mr. D’s Lounge – A casual bar serving your favorite libation, located off the main lobby.
• Room Service – Enjoy breakfast or dinner delivered to your resort complex room. Pizza delivery is available to all guest rooms throughout the resort.
GOLF AT TAN-TAR-A RESORT
Mother Nature had golf in mind when she created the countryside surrounding Tan-Tar-A. Gnarled cedars, stately oaks, dogwoods and redbuds cover the rolling hills, which settle gently into the beautiful Lake of the Ozarks. Designed separately, the resort’s 27 holes of golf at The Oaks and Hidden Lakes have resolved the age-old problem of golf courses everywhere – how to charm the beginner and still challenge the professional.
- The Oaks – Designed by Bruce Devlin and Robert Von Hagge, this 18-hole course is 6,432 yards long (Par 71) with Bermuda fairways and bent grass greens, ten water hazards and more than 60 sand bunkers.
- Hidden Lakes – Designed by Jim Lewis, the 9-hole Hidden Lakes course measures 3,015 yards (Par 35) and is relatively level, with Zoysia fairways and over-sized bent grass greens, 2 water hazards and more than 30 sand bunkers.
Pro Shop – The resort has a complete, fully stocked golf shop offering several lines of equipment, accessories and designer sports attire for men and women. Forgot your clubs? We have rental clubs available. Ask us about our afternoon rates, re-play rates, and special discounts for junior golfers.Lessons - Teaching professionals are available for those who are just beginning or would like to sharpen their game.
Tournaments - Our professional staff provides tournament coordination for any golf outing over 8 players.
RECREATION & ACTIVITIES
Tan-Tar-A offers a wide array of recreational activities,keeping you and your family busy all day long! The guest services desk, located in the main lobby is available to help you plan activities and excursions.
• Swimming - Arrowhead pool is located on the waterfront and features a large swimming pool with cascading waterfall, a fantastic 125’ water slide and splash pool, hot tub and a toddler pool with water features. Three additional outdoor pools are also available, one in the resort complex
and two in the estates complex, all with children’s pools.
• Boating - Tan-Tar-A’s full-service marina offers boat and waverunner rentals, ski equipment and tube rentals, paddle boats, and boat slips. A complimentary boat launch and trailer parking is provided for hotel guests.
• Tennis - Two outdoor tennis courts – racquets available
• Horseback Riding – Guided trail rides available at Tan-Tar-A Stables
• Miniature Golf – 18 holes of challenging fun for the entire family
• Touring Carts – rent for an hour or the day and explore Tan-Tar-A on your own
• Jogging Trail – Run or walk the 5K trail with challenging hills, with breath-taking views.
• Children’s Playground – An outdoor playground to entertain the kids.
• Fitness Center & Indoor Swimming Pool – Stay fit and enjoy the hot tub, tanning beds, and fitness center, complete with treadmills, elliptical machines, bikes, strength training machines and free weights.
• Bowling – Eight lanes of fun and cosmic bowling are available for a “rock and bowl” atmosphere
• Billiards – Rack ‘em up for hours of friendly competition
• Tropic Island Cruise – Tan-Tar-A Resort is home to the beautiful 75 foot, 150-passenger Tropic Island II Motor Yacht. Cruise in style while experiencing spectacular views of the Lake of the Ozarks. Daily scenic cruises and private charter cruises available.
• Bears Den Arcade – over 40 games for kids of all ages. A gift redemption counter rewards the winners!
• Timber Falls Indoor Waterpark - Enjoy all the fun of a traditional family water park regardless of the weather! Our 20,000 square foot waterpark includes a three-story tree house, complete with bridges, water blasters, tunnels, a gigantic 600-gallon tipping bucket, four water slides and a lazy river, an over-sized whirlpool, and a large activity pool featuring a variety of water games. Guest locker room and private birthday party rooms are available.
• Windjammer Spa and Salon - One of the finest day spas in the Midwest, the Windjammer Spa and Salon recognizes the need to pamper and refresh the body and soul.
GROUPS AND MEETINGS
Our service staff is the finest in the Midwest! The convention service hotline operates every day - all day, and our entire staff is on call and ready for a quick response to all of your catering, banquet, or audiovisual needs.
• Over 90,000 square feet of flexible meeting space, with a total of 30 meeting rooms to accommodate groups of 10 to 3500 guests
• Two ballrooms and two large event halls
• Outdoor venues for spectacular events with breath-taking views
• Creative coffee breaks, banquets, and receptions including theme parties ranging from a Polynesian luau to an authentic Ozark Mountain BBQ with all the fix in’s
• Comprehensive in-house audiovisual department
• On-site wedding coordinator
SHOPPING AT TAN-TAR-A
Enjoy all the shops of Tan-Tar-A’s Market Lane!
• #1 Market Lane – Everything from toys and games to t-shirts and swim apparel, sundry items and Tan-Tar-A logo merchandise
• Country Corner – Enjoy a quick snack, cool drink, and delicious homemade fudge
• Wood’n Ya Wanit and Art Gallery – featuring the finest in American craftsmanship in wood, glass, and metal along with limited edition prints and clay. Over 100 artists are represented.
• Lindee’s – a unique boutique featuring women’s clothing, jewelry, and accessories
• Powers Entertainment – a full-service entertainment agency. Make your event a total success with Powers Entertainment.
• Adventure Photography – professional photographer available by appointment
• Janine’s Flowers – fresh flowers delivered for all occasions – “like a kiss that lasts all week”!
LOCAL AREA ATTRACTIONS
• Antique Shopping – Enjoy an abundance of antiqueshops within a 50 mile radius of the resort
• Musical Variety Show – Main Street Music Hall provides an Ozarks experience you won’t want to miss. The variety of music and the emphasis on the family make this performance well worth the visit and will add melody and laughter to all your memories.
• Lake area caves – four show caves are locatedin the surrounding area
• Osage Beach Premium Outlet Mall – over 100 top name manufacturers are located in this shopping mall
• State Parks – Visit Ha Ha Tonka – a geological wonderland, or Lake of the Ozarks State Park with its natural beauty
• Wineries – a great destination for some fine wineries including Seven Springs Winery, Casa de Loco Winery, Grey Bear Vineyards and Winery, Golden Rock Winery, and Shawnee Bluff Winery
RESORT CONTACT INFORMATION
Tan-Tar-A Resort, Golf Club, Marina and Indoor Waterpark
494 Tan Tar A Drive
PO Box 188TT
Osage Beach, MO 65065
Hotel Phone: 573-348-3131
Hotel Fax: 573-348-3206
Toll Free Reservations: 800-826-8272
Reservations Email: email@example.com
Group Sales Office Phone: 573-348-8550
Group Sales Office Fax: 573-348-8560
Sales Office Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Look no further for the best boat rental and fishing options on the Lake of the Ozarks, as well as water sport activities for all ages and abilities.
We’re looking for your amazing vacation photos!
Let us take care of the kids while you spend time on your own.